Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cake

I don't really like cake. Does that make me a bad person? Katherine T loves it as the alpha and the omega. I usually only eat it to be polite. It always seems like you can't really say no to someone's birthday cake without slighting their birthday, so then I say "ok, just a little piece," and then I have a bite and remember that cake doesn't taste very good, but I'm stuck with it. Its a vicious and unending cycle of madness. Unless its cheesecake, then its a whole different ballgame, because cheesecake tastes like happiness. Or at least a really good day.

Cake as a metaphor, however, works really well for me. I have to thank Katherine T for this one too. When Anna was explaining the plot of Twilight to her, Katherine T chose to interpret Bella as Edward's cake. His favorite thing to eat. Then she said "I couldn't date CAKE. How does he do it?"

I don't really believe in soulmates per se. Honestly, if I did it would be more depressing cause then you start thinking "where is he? maybe its just me. Maybe I don't get one..." But realistically, I've never seen anything that leads me to believe in soulmates. I do believe that you can have something like it, just with a little more compatability and a litte less Destiny (and I mean the concept here, not that kid who used to knock on our door and ask for money, although less of her has definitely been a blessing). The gist of all of this is that I believe in cake as a metaphor. Your favorite food that you love so much you can keep from eating it. I'm not sure I've explained this concept coherently, but that may have something to do with being extra tired and punchy this week. For those of you who already know what I'm talking about, sorry I butchered the theory. For those of you who don't, sorry if this doesn't make any sense. Katherine T, I have subtly disguised your name so that you won't feel exposed to the paparazzi. Thank you for your patience.

This all really came about because someone at work had birthday cake today, and I said yes to be kind, and then remembered that I don't care for cake...and then my internet was working, and the next thing you know I'm recording my delusional ramblings for posterity. Someday I'll write a coherent entry for this, I swear.

1 comment:

  1. I don't really like cake either! I actually have to be craving sugar to eat it, or I feel queasy. It does not in fact, make you a bad person. (:

    ReplyDelete