Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Moon-Worshipping Freak

I was going to write something cranky and cutting this evening, probably about how much I hate when people just stare blankly at you becuase they're too stupid to solve their own problems. That, however, is a tirade for another day. I was miserable and cranky, and now I'm elated, and I don't want to go back to the way I was two hours ago.
Why are you so pleased with life? you query. Well, I don't really have a good explanation other than the fact that the moon is beautiful and visible and the night is clear and there's a thrilling cool breeze. Yes, I mean thrilling. I am a weirdo Moon-and-Wind worshipping freak, and I love it. If I didn't have to work in the morning, or if I was a more interesting person, I would find some place to go and frolic outside for the evening, but practicality usually wins out.
Seriously, though, am I the only one who feels, on nights like this, that something magic might actually happen, and I should go out and try to find it? Doesn't really matter, does it? It makes me happy. I wish, since I do feel so happy righ now, that I had more to say on the subject. I'm not 11 or in a bad novel (I don't think...), so I doubt that anyone is going to show up at midnight tonight to tell me that I'm a witch, or an ancient supernatural creature, or the Chosen One who will save the universe or anything. I guess I'm just going to have to settle for being really pleased for a whole evening, for no real reason (which somehow makes it better), and putting a few words about it up here.
I haven't really explained it at all.
Let's just say I'm thrilled with the whole world right now and wish that we had a stone circle nearby where I could go dance in the moonlight, or that I had a realistic, legal (cause getting arrested would really ruin the mood I'm going for here) way to go out skinny dipping in the dark. I may have to sleep on the ground this year after all...

1 comment:

  1. I get lost staring at the moon. Lauren used to tease me because every night we had a full moon, I'd sleep with the blinds open so I could be in the moonlight.

    The moon's also my ruling planet, which is kind of a rip-off when you think about it, since it's not a planet at all, but this week has been far too good to get upset about a little thing like that :-)

    ReplyDelete