Thursday, August 6, 2009

Miscellania

My thoughts lack cohesion today, but it seemed like a good opportunity to keep up the positive habits and write something here. What shall I ruminate on? My unhealthy new crush on John Dillinger? (He wasn't really a killer...just an attention whore) The fact that I need to believe that Nothing Bad Ever Happens in Canada? (Thank you, Avonlea, for making me believe that Canada is a Heaven where no one's arms ever get cut off in a tragic cannery accident and if you Accidentally Shoot Your Dog the new schoolteacher's emo/righteously angry veterinary student son will Save Its Life and Restore His Own Confidence at the last moment.) Or the fact that I hate to be undermined and made to look stupid, which is why I try to avoid making sweeping decisions I don't have the authority to back up (and also the fact that sometimes other people don't make any decisions AT ALL, forcing me to do it, and then those same people come along and undermine me later?)
This is what its like in my head all the time.
It's no wonder I sometimes start sentences in the middle, or forget to end them. In a completely unrelated, and so, kinda thematically related story I'm going to jump topics AGAIN.
Last night Sadie and I discussed an alleged poolside bar in a certain hotel she may go to later this week, and we wondered how they card people. Do you need your ID to be tucked in your bathing suit? Do they card at the door? I like to imagine that there's a giant bouncer with a line of orange buoys that runs across the pool at the start of the deep end. He cards you, and if you have a valid ID and he can see your navel, he moves the buoy rope and lets you in. Can't you hear it now? "Sorry ma'am, there's a dress code here. No tankinis."

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention said alleged bouncer's uniform! Say it with me now boys and girls "Bow tie and banana hammock". Yup. Also, canadians don't drop F-bombs.

    ReplyDelete